{ fabulous blog award }

9.09.2009



I am so giddy and tickled pink right now! Sarah, my blog friend and creative muse awarded me with a fabulous blog award. Sarah is the author of Pewter + Sage, and it literally my long lost twin. We "met" through another blog and realized how parallel our lives really are, both personally and professionally! It is truly amazing. She has such a creative mind and just so down to earth! Check her blog out, you will enjoy it.

As a recipient of this esteemed award, I'm to list 5 things I'm currently obsessed with, as well as give this award to 5 others.

So here is my list:
RUNNING:
i never realized how much i would enjoy running. I used to love it, as i played right wing on my high school field hockey team. Then i really lost interest. Over the summer, i started in again and it is one of the best things i have ever done for myself. I have thinking time, stress release time and most importantly... me time. I get so busy with work and clients that i often forget about me, and i have to remember to not loose sight of that precious alone time. I have slowly worked up my mileage and now run on our local high school track in the early morning. I'll miss running outside once the snow and ice hit.

CLOTHES:
If you are a regular follower of my blog, you will realize how much i enjoy a good creative outfit. There is nothing like stepping out the door and feeling like you are 10 ft. tall with confidence! I might purchase at Target or Nordstrom, it really doesn't matter. What matters is feeling good.

FACEBOOK:
I won't lie or pretend i'm not obsessed. I clearly am. I love that i can keep in touch with friends on a daily basis that i might not be able to, and i love that i have reconnected with old friends that i haven't seen in years. I just found my best friend from first grade. She moved away to Florida from NY before we started second grade and i hadn't spoken to her since. I even have pair of earring she gave to me when she moved so i wouldn't forget her!

PAPER & ART:
I am rolling these into one, as they go hand in hand to me! As a couture stationery designer, i literally start to hyperventilate with the mere sign of paper! I can't get enough, and i love using the most unique papers for my designs. I also find so much inspiration in color, pattern, texture and depth. I take in everything around me to make the most of an inspiration board and it is such a huge part of what i do on a daily basis!

STARBUCKS:
This is one where Sarah and i are so alike. I will have had my java fill for the day, but drive me by a Starbucks and i'll happily enjoy "just one more cup" of coffee, latte, frappachino or even my favorite... the espresso brownie. Totally sinful, but totally delicious.

So now, my favorite 5 blogs to share with you:

1. Jessica at Makeunder My Life

2. Dusty at All Things G+D

3. Morgan at The818

4. Spearmint Baby

5. Bryn at Bryn Alexandra

Have a happy hump day!

4 comments:

Dusty @AllThingsG+D said...

Thanks Rebecca--how sweet of you! I know Sarah from The Nest and I just love her style. I also share your love of Starbucks (Mmm!) and running--and clothes! Great list!

Sarah said...

Yay! I'm glad you saw my post!! You deserve it (and your work fast - it took me a couple of days to come up with 5 things...pathetic)! Thanks for your compliments:) I too am glad we've found each other, and I know once I email you (sorry!) we will have a lot more to talk about.

So of course I'm with you on the Starbucks and paper thing...but running? Oh man, I think running is torture!! I WISH I liked it, but I could never get into it. My sister is the runner of the family, I'm more the...uh...tae-bo girl! (I do the videos with Billy Blanks.)

Thanks for passing along the award to two of my favorites (G&D - Hi, Dusty! No, I luv YOUR style! - and brynalexandra). I'm going to have to go and check out a couple of the others you listed.

Thanks again for being such an inspiration.

sheba said...

congratulations! your blog is definitely fabulous! i'm constantly oohing and aaahing over the paper and style items you post.

i share your love of starbucks and have been suffering withdrawal symptoms b/c my new job isn't close to one. :(

as for running, i wish i liked it, but i'm the one asking, "are we done yet?" at about the 2 minute mark.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment