{ Memorial Day }

5.28.2009

Is it really Thursday already? I can't believe the week is just about over already and we are already a week past the official kick-off of the summer season. I had been pretty darn excited this year because of the weather. I can't remember the last time we had great weather for Memorial Day weekend here in the northeast. So the forecast was calling for a beautiful weekend, however as time goes on, more and more showers were coming in. However, that didn't stop us from having fun all weekend and in particular when we went to North Lake in the Catskill Mountains to spend time with my parents and my sister, brother in law and their 2 girls. The day started really early and we got to the Lake arriving to sunshine and warmth. However, the day turned pretty rapidly and by afternoon it was downpouring. Didn't last long, which was great!

We also started to tell Ellie about our adoption plans. At 6, she is very inquisitive and asked a ton of questions. It was good for the entire family to start experiencing the reality of what will happen when we have a baby in our hands. She was awfully cute and is excited for a new cousin to play with.
Here are some fun photos from the day:

My adorable nieces, Ellie and Ava




















Ellie chilling by the lake:














Me, my sister and my nieces:













Some time at the beach, it was hot, then chilly because it was getting overcast:














Christopher making sure Ellie didn't go out too far:



















Our polka dot seahorse!















There were chipmunks coming around our campsite and miss Ava wanted to touch one!





















Cutie pie Ava with my sister and dad in the background

0 comments:

Post a Comment