11.20.2009

Happy Friday everyone!

It has been such a long week, i'm so glad it is finally coming to an end. I think next week must easily be just as hectic too. I'm so looking forward to the weekend, sleeping in a tad, breakfast with hubby and coffee! (and lots of it, when i can actually sit and enjoy it).

I found this fun tutorial on another blog i read- How About Orange.If you aren't familiar with it, check it out. It is a fun read!

Sass up your weekend java...


Draw your design on a piece of paper, then lay a plastic lid on top. With an X-acto knife, I cut through the plastic, tracing along the design underneath. A tip: you'll never be able to cut the shapes out in one pass. Make many cuts on top of each other until you break through.

Lay the stencil on top of your mug and sprinkle with cinnamon or cocoa. Dust the powder through a sieve or strainer to make a very fine layer.


Since cutting your own stencil is a bit of a pain, you could also get some from Amazon or CoffeeStencil.com. And if you totally dig stenciling, don't neglect your cakes and cupcakes!


Have a fabulous weekend!

2 comments:

sheba said...

so sweet! i hope hubby does that for you this weekend! ;)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

What a fabulous idea. I love that almost as much as I love my java. Ah ha

Post a Comment